Poll results: Your favorite work of fiction of all time

The poll results are in!

Happy New Year 2017 to you all! Thanks for participating in the poll Your favorite work of fiction of all time, here are the results.

The Other category received 83 % of your votes and the remaining 17 % went for Cervantes and Don Quixote. Poor Ulysses and In Search of Lost Time stirred less interest.

Cover design by Malcom Carder for Canetti's novel. Photo: jonathan229 (CC BY 2.0)
Cover design by Malcom Carder for Canetti’s novel. Photo: jonathan229 (CC BY 2.0)

To summarize the results, I was slightly surprised by the number of old schoolers among the results. Four books from the 19th century or earlier. Pretty amazing! But maybe it shouldn’t be so surprising since most people like classics and it takes longer for newer books to reach their rightful place in the history of mankind.

Among those books I haven’t already read was Elias Canetti’s Auto-da-Fé (1935). It seems very interesting! I marked it as to-read.

Thanks for everyone who voted!

Advertisements

Author: fictivestina

Hey, I'm a native Helsinkian but a cosmopolitan at heart :) Outdoors, reading, writing and cultural attractions are my passion. Hiking in Lapland cannot be competed with!

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s